Sunday 7 September 2008

New 'Fairy Tale' Collection

I've finished a few new projects but haven't time to take photos and scan them in yet as I started my new job as a SEN teaching assistant last week. After re-discovering Julie Arkell at the Ruthin craft centre I've been looking at doing some more artsy based work, in particular a collection of mixed media projects based on fairy tales.


(C) Handmade By Halo 2008

This is my first piece, a collage using a papier-mache background, layered with paper, wool, wire, fabric and felt for the details, I made most parts separately. I am really happy with the results!

I have also began stitching some small felt banner scroll's with quotes from fairy tales, which are to be used across all my pieces as a narrative to the theme of the piece.

(C) Handmade By Halo 2008

My new project is to be a papier-mache 3d model of my bird character used in the collage, for which I am using mesh, newspaper, paper, acrylic paint, fabrics and other.

More coming soon....


5 comments:

Deb said...

hello caroline. i cant see to of your pictures. i can see the main big collage piece. i love the bird character! dx.

Carolinejhm said...

Oh, I have only uploaded one... ill take photos of the others soon! x

Deb said...

hello again caorline. i can see two little photos boxs underneath the main box but they are not showing any pictures-just file symbols? dx.

Carolinejhm said...

Oh yeah, weird, I dont know where they came from, I can't get rid of them?! Ah well, Ive added a new photo anyway! x

Deb said...

just realised that i tip tap typed your name wrong! i am sorry. dx.